Friday, April 27, 2012

Decorate Bottled Water for Parties

Bottled water is pretty much a staple at every gathering, party or shower.  We always threw a bunch in a cooler and called it good.  But then I saw this idea at a friend's bridal shower and had an "aha" moment.  
It is simply genius!  


At a baby shower I hosted for a friend recently, I decorated bottled water with scrapbook paper and floral embellishments.  It was so easy and they turned out just adorable.  I got more compliments on these water bottles than I did on the diaper cake that took me hours to create.  Plus, these decorated water bottles added to the decor of the party!  

You can use scrapbook paper - like I did- or if you plan to put your bottled water on ice, you may choose to use fabric instead.


Materials:
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Embellishments (I used flowers from Michael's and colored brads)
  • Hot glue
  • Bottles of water
To start, removed the labels from the water bottles.  Next, cut strips of paper into 2 inch strips. 


Then wrap the paper around the bottle and secured it with dabs of hot glue.


 Lastly, hot glue your embellishments on.  

This easy project will add so much to your next party! 


Best of all, it is super quick.  I was able to complete 24 bottles in about an hour.  

For more DIY ideas for a shower, see my complete Baby Shower Post.

1 comment: