Saturday, March 17, 2012

Recipe: Lemon & Herb Creme Chicken

I have five tubs of Philadelphia Cooking Creme in my fridge (thanks to the fab coupon deal at Fred Meyer -  see that here).  We love this stuff at our house, but I had never bought the lemon and herb flavor.  I came up with a recipe that turned out delicious, so I thought I would share:

What you need:
  • 1-2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • Orzo pasta
  • Feta cheese
  • 1 Clove of garlic
  • Olive oil
  • Fresh parsley
  • 1 tub Philadelphia Cooking Creme (Lemon and Herb flavor)

Start by pressing one clove of garlic, and brown it in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 30 seconds.  Add chicken that has been cut into bite size pieces.  

Once you have your chicken going in a pan, cook 1 cup of orzo according to package directions.  


When chicken is done and cooked thoroughly, add entire tub of Philadelphia Cooking Creme to the pan (option: I like to add about 1/2 cup of milk to thin the sauce out just a little). 

When orzo is done, drain and then add it directly into pan with chicken and cooking creme.  


Chop about 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley and crumble 1/2 a cup of feta.  Add to pan.
Stir all ingredients until mixed well and serve immediately.  

With a cold glass of Pellegrino sparkling water, this was pretty much amazing!  Philadelphia Cooking Creme makes food taste like dishes from an Italian restaurant.  Even Caroline squealed with delight and wanted more!  I love quick, easy recipes... especially for evenings when I work during the day.   

Linked up here 

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute blog! Thanks for following me and I am now following you. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you will share with us again this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks scrumptious! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation Michala!!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried that flavor last week with shrimp! It was yummy just like yours looks!! Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I was staring at chicken breasts and a tub of the lemon creme and wondering what to make with it. I'm thinking I'll twist this by using white rice and broccoli florets. Yum!

    ReplyDelete