Sunday, March 11, 2012

Coupon Trip: Making Money and Saving 71%

It has been awhile since I spent my Sunday morning couponing!  It was a whirlwind trip between Fred Meyer and Albertsons.  So many of my friends always teased me for shopping at these stores instead of Walmart or Winco, but I love the cashiers and it is a much more pleasant shopping trip just in general.  Call me old fashioned, but I like it when the checker knows me and I don't feel like I am in a cattle call.  


Plus, when these stores run catalina and double coupon deals, you can get so many things for free or way cheaper than the discount stores.


Today was the perfect example!  I made money buying cheese at Freddies, plus I got super cheap Philadelphia Cooking Creme (love this stuff!), butter, fruit, refried beans and chips for my hubs.  

At Fred Meyer, there are two amazing deals going!  They both start today.  Ready to make a little money buying groceries?  This is what I did this morning:



Buy 5 Kraft Fresh Take Cheese Packets $1.79 each

  • Use 5 $1/1 coupons from the 2/26 SmartSource (or you can print two $1/1 coupons here)
  • Pay $3.95 
  • After you pay, you will get back a $4 Catalina (like cash to use on groceries)
  • $.05 Moneymaker :)
Catalina Details:
Buy Kraft Fresh Takes or participating Kraft Cheese through 3/16Buy (3), Get $2.00 OYNO
Buy (4), Get $3.00 OYNO
Buy (5), Get $4.00 OYNO
** OYNO means "On Your Next Order (purchase)
Thanks Fabulessly Frugal!

My next transaction looked like this:


Buy 5 Philadelphia Cooking Cremes $1.79

  • Use 5 $.55/1 coupons from the 2/26 SmartSource
  • Pay $6.20
  • After you pay, get back a $4 Catalina
  • You end up paying $.44 each

*** Both of these items are part of the Buy 10 Save $5 instantly promo.  So for each transaction, you must have ten items.  I used Rock Stars for $.79 each (Joe loves these... something about needing energy to teach middle school?) You can mix and match any of the promo items.  See their ad for more details.

*** What do I use my catalinas for?  I usually take these and turn around and buy produce items that I need for the week.  Last week Freddies had a great deal on strawberries.  This week I bought apples for $.68/lb


After my quick trip to Fred Meyer, I ran over to Albertsons for a couple good deals using my Twice the Value Coupons that came out in today's paper.  I get five papers, so I have 15 "doublers" or "TTV" to use!




At Albertsons I spent: $14.01 on what you see below



Without sale prices and coupons, it would have cost: $48.46


That is a savings of: $34.45 or 71%


What I got:

  • Marie Calendars Fresh Bakes: $8.19 - On sale for $4.99, used $1/1 printable found here plus a TTV coupon, final price $2.99
  • Del Monte Fruit Cups: $3.49 - On sale for $1.67, used $1/2 from the 1/08 Red Plum plus a TTV coupon, final price $.67 
  • Taco Bell Refried Beans: $ 1.39 - On sale for $1.09, used $1/2 coupon (I bought a bunch of these on ebay awhile back), plus a TTV coupon, final price $.09
  • Kettle Chips: $3.79 - On sale for $3.00, used $1/1 coupon plus a TTV coupon, final price $1.00
  • Country Crock Butter: $2.99 - regular price- used a $1/1 printable coupon found here (use zip code 83651) plus a TTV coupon, final price $.99
  • Milk: $1.99 - On sale Manager's special $.99 each, used a $.75/1 printable coupon found here (use zip code 83651) plus a TTV coupon, final price $.25 
I saved a few of my double coupons, because there is a deal where you can make money buying Nature Valley granola bars, but my store was already wiped clean of them this morning!  I am hoping they get more in stock by Tuesday.  We will see!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my!! I am so impressed! I wish I took the time to coupon! Your savings are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiffany! I call it "my second job" :)

    ReplyDelete