Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oh those teachers!

My husband and I are both teachers.  Last year, I taught fifth grade and Joe taught sixth grade, so our conversations over dinner were always pretty entertaining.

I remember my first two years of teaching, Joe was still in school and working for Citi, and when he would try to offer me advice on a difficult situation, I would say, "But it doesn't work that way!  You just don't get it!"

And that is just the way it is.  Teaching is just one of those jobs that if you don't live it and breathe it everyday, you have no idea.  I feel lucky that I absolutely love my job, but oh my...  I am utterly exhausted, mentally and physically, come 3 o'clock.

After teaching middle school for two years,  Joe sure gets it now.  And he is lucky too- he has the perfect personality to be a really good teacher.

So I came across this and had a good laugh.  If you are a teacher, or know someone who is, you may be able to relate.  Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of teacher friends and I get to hear their crazy stories. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Now your newest follower.
    Melissa
    www.lovebugliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your page layout. I am working on getting mine more organized with "clean" layout that is easy to navigate. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't have many posts on coupons mostly life but I need to get back into it. Really could use to save the money.

    ReplyDelete