Friday, February 24, 2012

I Love you because...

Being a parent means sleepless nights.  Sleepless nights mean fried nerves.  Fried nerves can lead to a loss of patience and kind words for your significant other (or anyone else who is unlucky enough to be in your path for the day!)

Enter this genius idea by Lianne from over at A Content Housewife.  This is the cutest way to remind your hubby how much you really do love and appreciate him.

This is the frame I made.  Joe and I are having so much fun leaving each other notes every day!

All you need:
  • A picture frame
  • Paper (I used scrapbook paper cut to 8.5" x 11" to print on)
  • Vis a Vis or any dry erase pen
  • Frame holder (optional- so you can place the frame on a table)
  • Flowers (optional- I hot glued mine on for decoration)
When I saw this idea of an "I love you because..." frame, I wanted to make one right away.  I am a huge fan of Dr. Laura, and I remember reading in one of her books that a smile and compliment is the best way to greet your hubby when he walks in the door (instead of immediately asking him to do one of the many "honey do" items on your list).

So imagine how nice it would be to read something sweet the moment you walk in the door after a long, stressful day at work.  I love to see that man's smile!

I ran over to Goodwill (I haven't been there in years!  Oh the joy of thrift shopping...) and picked up a frame for $1.50.  I then printed "I love you because" on scrapbook paper.. and voila!

Joe and are I having so much fun leaving each other sweet (and sometimes rather funny) notes. 

Not feeling so crafty?  Lianne has these already made for you in her Esty shop!  Check out Lianne's blog for more super cute ideas!  She has been such an inspiration to me!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! I want to do this for Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to email you back the other day and tell you I got the email to work! No worries at all :) The photos were adorable.. as usual! We are looking forward to May so we can take Caroline out to the orchard.

      Delete
  2. yours looks great!! and it has to make him happy too. appreciation is a nice feeling for everyone!! this is a great idea!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete