Monday, February 6, 2012

{ Guest Post }

I am guest posting today over at Two Yellow Birds Decor!  I am so excited as this will be my first guest post!  Jill has been my "fairy blog mother" and has helped me through the first confusing couple of weeks of navigating the blogging world.  I am SO grateful for her kindness and patience.  
At her blog today, I will be doing a post on a fun, frugal Valentine's Day idea.  Give your sweetie a heart attack!  Go check it out here:)
Jill is guest posting here today!  I am so happy to have her here to share a fun Valentine's idea with you.  She has so many adorable decor and craft ideas.  Stop by her blog for so many amazing ideas!  Two Yellow Birds Decor


Here she is...

Hi everyone!! I am so excited to be here at The Hally Household today. Michala and I just recently became blogging friends. She is so sweet and amazing! I love all of her ideas! Thank you so much for letting me be here today! Before we get started on today's craft, let me introduce myself.
My name is Jill and my home is at Two Yellow Birds Decor. There you will find homemade decor, crafts, and recipes. I love to get creative and make things for cheap! My husband is an awesome handy man and helps me with many of my projects!  I love being able to blog and share my ideas with all of you!
Now that you know a little bit about me, how about we get crafting?
Today I am going to be showing you how to make a fun paper heart garland for Valentine's. It is so easy to make, it just takes a little bit of time. 
To make this you will need:
-Card Stock Scrapbook Paper (preferably double sided)
-Paper Cutter or Scissors
-Stapler
-Hole Punch
-Ribbon, Tulle or Twine 
**These next steps are for making 1 heart. I made 5 of them for the garland. I did 2 small and 3 big ones.
To start out you will need to cut 7 strips of paper. You will make them 1" wide. The length is 10", 9" and 8" for the bigger ones and 9", 8" and 7" for the smaller ones. You will need to decided which paper you want where on the heart and that will determine the length of that paper. It goes longest {on the outside} to smallest {on the inside}. Then you will need to cut a 1"x3" paper. You will be hanging it on the garland from this one.
Next, you are going to stack them all together. You will start with the 3" one, then take the longest strips and put 1 on top and one on the bottom of the 3" strip, then take the next longest and put 1 on top and one of bottom of those, then take the last shortest ones and put one on top and one on bottom. Then make sure they are all lined up at one end and staple them together. It will look like this:
Next, you will pull down each strip layer by layer and line them up on the opposite side. This is the step that you are making the heart! 
Then you will staple that together:
Next, in the 3" paper that is sticking out the top you are going to punch a hole in it using the hole puncher.
Lastly, you will hang the hearts on the string you have decided to use. I decided to use red tulle to hang the them on.
Here is what it looks like all put together:
There you have it. A super cute and fun garland for Valentine's!! Thanks again Michala for having me! For other cute decorations hop on over to Two Yellow Birds Decor. I'd love to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment