Saturday, February 25, 2012

Go Fish Math Freebie

A new kind of post I want to start is linking to helpful teaching ideas (especially freebies.. gotta love those!)  I love and appreciate the hard work other teachers do, so if I find something great I want to share the link with all of you.  

Someone once told me, "The best teachers are the best thieves."  One of my favorite things to do is walk through other teachers' classrooms and ask them a million questions.  I love taking new ideas and making them work in my own classroom.


So I found this idea today.  I am always looking for ways to make learning more fun.  My favorite approach is always a mini-lesson, guided practice and then some sort of activity (practice makes permanent!)  This game is perfect for helping students gain fluency with their addition/subtraction facts through 5 (a kindergarten standard).

This idea comes from Michele over at What I Learned in Kindergarten.  If you home school your children, or are a teacher, enjoy this freebie from her!  I can't wait to play this next week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Michala! I am glad that you like the Go Fish game. I have played it so many times now in class and my students love it! Thanks for following my blog...I am following you now too:)

    ReplyDelete