Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cousins come to visit!

My parents and sister's family live in Portland, and although I wish we could live closer to them all, we do our best to see each other at least once a month.  This past weekend, they came here to Idaho to visit us!

My sister, Katie, and her husband, Scott,  have 13 month old twins, Luke and Amelia.  Our family is so blessed, because even though they were born two months premature, they are both thriving!  It always amazes me how fast they grow and change since I only get to see them about once a month. 

Look at these little angels!  They have been in the local paper twice for being the month's cutest babies. 

Okay, Auntie bragging aside, we had such a wonderful visit.  We took all three babies to my friend Liz, an amazing local photographer (see her work here) for some family shots, as well as first birthday pictures for the twins. 

To get ready for the shoot, Katie and I had so much fun shopping for coordinating outfits for Luke, Amelia and Caroline.  We probably spent over an hour "oohing" and "ahhing" over the adorable spring outfits that The Children's Place had on display.  I don't have a good picture of the three of them in their outfits (ha- trying to get a good pic of one baby is tough- try three at a time!), so I will have to wait until we get some from Liz. 

We sometimes call the babies the triplets, since Katie and I were pregnant at the same time, and we were only 10 weeks apart.  The babies are old enough now that they can really interact with each other.  They had so much fun playing together, and it was hysterical to watch them.  The hit of the weekend was definitely the shopping cart.

Amelia, the quietest and most reserved of the three, just had a ball with it.  She would grab the handle and off she would go!  A few times, Luke or Caroline wouldn't be fast enough to get out of the way.  Baby getting run over and crying in aisle 3!


I borrowed two more high chairs from friends so all three babes could eat together.  Here they are- all looking like they are in food comas. 

"Whoa- you people eat good here in Idaho!"
"No boys allowed!"
Caroline reading with her Grandmama

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you all make the effort to get together so often! It will make a big difference in how connected the kids feel as they grow up. They are all just too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete