Sunday, February 26, 2012

Coupon Trip: 94% Savings!

Albertson's Doublers, or "Twice the Value" coupons came out today in the Sunday paper!

My shopping trip this evening was a little random, and I had dinner in the oven at home so I had to hurry.  I got free soup, free Tylenol pain relief, $.39 gallon of milk, I made money buying eyeliner, plus I got cheap cookies, coffee creamer and deodorant.  I LOVE my Albertsons! 

I got everything you see below for : $4.36 (plus tax)  I should have paid $79.08 if I had not matched my coupons to sale items.


 That is a savings of $74.42, or 94%
Plus since I was so hurried, I still have quite a few doublers left that I can use until this Tuesday when they expire.

 What I got:
  • 6 Bear Creek Country Kitchen Soup Mix (originally $3.99 each) - BOGO sale-  $1/1 coupon + doublers = FREE
  • 5 Tylenol Precise Pain Relieving Heat Patch (originally $7.99 each) - on sale for $5 this week - $5/1 coupon = FREE
  • 1 box Chips Ahoy! Cookies (originally $3.69) - on sale for $2.99 - $1/1 + doubler = $.99
  • 2 Old Spice Deodorants (originally $5.29 each) - on clearance for $2.64, - $2/2 = $1.64 each
  • 1 Maybelline Eye Liner (originally $5.99) - on clearance for $1.44, - $1/1 + doubler = MONEYMAKER
  • 1 gallon of milk (originally 2.39) - $1/1 CAT (from two weeks ago) + doubler = $.39
  • 1 pint International Delight Coffee Creamer (originally 2.49)- on sale $1.79 - $.75/1 + doubler = $.29

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! You have completely inspired me. I bought a Sunday paper and put my coupons in card holder sheets like you do! Question: How do you organize your coupons?? Have I missed that post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makaila,

    I am so excited for you! This will completely change the way you view spending money at the store! It is amazing how much money you can save :)
    Check with you local paper- they may do a "coupon special" so you can get multiple papers at a discount on Sunday. It can be way cheaper than buying a Sunday paper at the store.
    I will do a post on how I organize my coupons. I just use tab dividers, but I will explain it a little better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Can't wait for your post! I'll check with my newspaper for a coupon special.. and I have my Albertson's double to go use tonight. :)

      Delete