Sunday, January 22, 2012

Where does time go?

Time... I honestly don't know where it goes.  We are so busy doing everything- yet nothing at the same time.  If you have a newborn, you know exactly what I mean.  You are literally busy every second, yet you are "sitting around".  All.  Day.  Long.  It is 4 o' clock and I realize I am watching Ellen in my jammies (while nursing of course).  

Oh golly- I guess if I am going to blog I better be honest.  Lets just say these were the "newborn" days.  Who needs sleep, makeup or heck- apparently even a hairbrush?  

These long, wonderful days of snuggling my baby girl and nursing hours on end are gone.  And the sad part is I don't even know exactly when it happened.  She is growing up so fast.  I know Moms have always said this, but you just don't get it until YOUR little one grows up in the blink of an eye.  I can't believe she used to lay in her Rock n Play or snuggle up in my Moby Wrap most of the day. 

Is there anything sweeter than a dad with his baby girl?

This girl had some wild hair when she was born.  She had no chance at avoiding bows!
Those days are g-o-n-e.  Maybe if I spell it out for myself I will really get it in my head.  She is a feisty little girl on the move now, and boy is she a little spitfire.  She learned to crawl December 28th (ha- yes it is written on the Calendar.  Caroline is our first, can you tell?)  So it is now three weeks later and she can scale the stairs in 3 minutes flat, scatter our shoes every which way and guess what her new trick is today? Mmmm climbing up onto the dishwasher to inspect the newly cleaned bottles.  


"Just getting a head start, Mom, on learning how to tie my shoes!"

"Mom!  I can't reach my favorite teething ring that I threw in the dog's bowl this morning!"
We need to get the house "baby-proofed", like Yesterday.  Sweet Caroline is on the move! 

No comments:

Post a Comment